Monday, February 9, 2009

Blondie

Today I was meeting a friend for lunch. I went out to my little V-dub Jetta, took out my remote key, and pressed the unlock button - but nothing happened. I pressed it again - maybe I didn't push hard enough. Nothing. Again - third time's the charm! Not this time. OK, is my battery dead? Try the lock button and see what happens. That works. Hm. How about the trunk button? Yep, trunk opens. OK, I'm standing in the parking lot with a remote that won't open the doors of my car...the alarm is on, and the button that turns it off is apparently broken. If I get in through the trunk and start the car, I wonder if the alarm will go off? Figuring a call to my dealership is in order, I decide to save that for after lunch and call my friend, who is on his way to the restaurant. "You've got to come pick me up," I say.

"What? Why?"

"My remote is broken and I can't get into my car."

"Did you try the key?"

Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment